Serving a kind God

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Today I was reminded of what a kind and compassionate God I serve.  Last night I had a dream that Isaiah was brought to me.  It was a really weird and confusing dream but what I remember is that there were several situations in which unexpectedly a little baby was brought to me or I found him.  It was one of those dreams where your mind keeps coming up with different scenarios searching for a different outcome.  All I remember is that with each scenario there was a newborn baby given to me.

This morning before the kids were up I took some time (still half asleep when I started) to read my Bible and pray. I prayed as always for Isaiah and for his mother.  As I prayed I told God how discouraged I was by the whole adoption process.  I felt like nothing was happening and like I was in this alone.  I asked God to show me if I had missed a step or made any wrong decisions.  I told Him I needed some encouragement and confirmation that it was indeed Him that called me to this journey.  As I talked to God I said, "If you would just somehow show me today that you are still in this and that it is indeed you that called me to this.  Even if it is that you let something that I'm trying to sell sell... like that DV video walkman I'm trying to sell..."  This piece of equipment is the most expensive thing I have tried to sell in order to raise money for the adoption.

I prayed for a few minutes more and then after I was done and before I got the kids up I grabbed my iphone and checked my email (am I the only one with this compulsive habit?).  I could not believe it when there, at the top of my inbox was a notice from 5 minutes earlier saying I had sold the DV video walkman I had specifically mentioned in my prayer.  At the same time that I was praying the equipment had sold! And now that I think of it was bought at 8:50 am from someone in California which means that they had actually bought it at 5:50am (not that that's important but it seems like the purchase was either the first thing the person did when they woke up or seeing as they are probably an video editor maybe the last thing before they went to bed.)

Be encouraged, there is a God that loves us and hears us when we pray- even when we whine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's not what we planned. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger