We're having a baby.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

  We're having a baby!  Kind of... Hopefully... We're adopting.  It's something I never thought I'd do.  I've heard lots of people say, "I plan on adopting someday."  That's one thing I had never said.  I didn't get it.  If I was able to carry and give birth to a child, why would I adopt?  It was something for other people, until it wasn't- until it definitely, with all certainty was for me.

   As a business owner I've tried to self-censor myself, not wanting to appear too emotional or too "christian-y" or too anything.  I've tried to appear confident and not too opinionated as to not alienate potential clients or referrals and so I could build a brand- a brand that was me (more accurately us, my husband and I.) I don't want to do that anymore, at least not here.  We've decided to adopt and I feel excited, and scared, passionate, and opinionated and I think that maybe, if I'm honest about it, that it might help or encourage someone else.  So, if you're interested, or bored, and only if you can forgive my more than occasional grammatical mistakes, check back as I share our story of how we got to where we are now and what's ahead of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's not what we planned. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger