Matching Grant- Lifesong for Orphans- Brockinton #3462 adoption

Thursday, March 14, 2013

I have to say I'm starting to think our baby boy is coming to us soon.  I'm so blown away by what God is doing all at once.  I got a call an hour ago from Lifesong for Orphans saying they are offering us a $2,500 matching grant.  You are all probably wondering "What's with the matching donations?"

Believe me, I wish these are just outright donations or grants.  We are not allowed to give towards them ourselves.  This increases the incredibly uncomfortable feeling of talking about money.  From what I am told they structure the gifts this way because it allows the process of adoption and God providing to be more public and invites others into your journey.  It makes sense but the last thing I want to do is become that person that makes everyone feel uncomfortable so then gets blocked from Facebook (ooohh...I just gave some of you a good idea:).

So...so that you know it's legit and in case you just dug up a treasure chest of money or found $20 in your laundry or want to give here's what Lifesong sent about the grant.  And here's a donate button from them that goes straight to our designated fund that they hold onto and then pay the adoption agency.  Our family number is #3462






0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's not what we planned. All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger